After Club Row ….
On the north side of Mount Street /Bath Street was Mrs. Burgin’s butcher’s shop.
Daughter of Long Eaton innkeeper (the Navigation Inn at Trent Lock) Thomas Marshall and Elizabeth (nee Burton), Sarah Marshall married butcher Isaac Burgin-Richardson, son of West Hallam-born publican (the Boatswain Inn) William and Elizabeth (nee Attenborough) in July 1842.
The family lived in South Street where Isaac died in February 1853, aged 33, and in the later 1850’s Sarah moved to Mount Street.
White’s Directory of 1857 lists Sarah as a butcher of South Street while Harrison, Harrod & Co’s. Directory of 1860 shows her move into Bath Street.
In 1864 Sarah was granted a licence to sell game both in her shop and in the Market Place.
Mr Paxton, who at that time was a noted cricketer, lived at the same house.
And after Mrs. Burgin’s butcher’s shop, Mrs. Boy’s Girls’ school.